When it comes to hair coloring, you will feel a mix of emotions both excitement and worry. Excitement because you will finally have your hair done and color retouching that will really boost your morale. Worry because aside from the expensive salon service, you might not be satisfied with the total service at all, especially if it’s your 1st time. So your next option is to go to the best hair color salon in your area and have your hair fixed. These scenarios may not happen to all but it does happen to some. So others prefer doing their hair color all by themselves right at the comforts of their own home.
Apply Hair Color While On Your PJs
Doing and exploring things is still best when done at home. Aside from being able to share an activity with your whole household, you get to just be comfortable regardless of what you wear and what you look. Period. DIYing your hair with your favorite shade of hair color would probably be your best “ME” time ever. For as long as you’ve got everything that you need then there is no need to rush. Time is on your side now and all you have to do is go through these tips on how you can achieve that salon-like hair color finish just like a PRO.
Start With The Basics
- Don’t be Deceived with the Model’s Look – So you went shopping for the hair coloring solution that you will be using or try and you’ve spotted this hair color brand with a gorgeous woman looking so confident with her hair color. The next thing you know is that you are taking home that box just because you got mesmerized by the model. Ladies DO NOT FALL FOR THEM! According to hair experts, the actual shade will appear lighter than the ones in the models’ hair. To make makes sure of the color, look at the top of the box where you will see a color chart. That’s where you will determine the shade you will be expecting.
- Would You Go a Shade Darker or Lighter – Here’s what you need to know. If you wanted to use permanent hair dye, pick a shade darker than what you want because the outcome will just be right. Whereas if you just want the semi-permanent hair color, opt for the lighter hue. This is because the semi-permanent solutions get darker the longer it stays in your hair. So to be safer and achieve a better hair color try the lighter shade.
- Don’t Settle With just One Box – If you have thick and long hair that is past your shoulders, buy 2 boxes of the hair dye you’ve picked to make sure that your hair will be fully covered. Plus, avoid mixing the solution in a metal bowl because it may affect the color. Rather mix it in a plastic bowl or glass all the time.
- Know Your Hair Texture – It is very crucial that you know what your hair texture is because the color tone will also depend on it. Like if you have a wavy, frizzy or curly hair choose the shades that have a warmer tone like copper, brown or gold. It will come out lighter than your actual hair color. And if your hair is straight, then you can go with the lighter hues like champagne, light brown or beige. Because it will appear darker when applied to your hair.
- Mind The Roots Only – This is a common mistake of those who do their own hair coloring. That instead of just touching up the roots, they also end up applying color to the ends. Girls, remember that the ends of your hair absorb more which results in staining your scalp sometimes. To prevent this from happening, make it a habit to apply conditioner on the ends of your hair before washing off the dye.
- Take Sections Seriously – Another mistake of hair dye DIYers is that they apply the hair color like they are just combing their hair. That’s a definite NO-NO. Partitioning your hair is very important because it is where the evenness of the dye depends. Make 4 parts. Split your hair from front to back of your hair. Then make two cuts in front of your ears the same way in the back. Apply the hair color first at the back section of your hair. ALWAYS. Because the back part is where the color should end up darker than the front portions.
Now, are you ready t do your hair color? You will actually find it easy and fun once you’re already doing it. Also, since it’s YOU who will be applying the dye on your own hair the level of concern is just extreme that you will be too careful to do something that you will regret in the end. In the event that you need professional help just visit any hair salons specializing in color Rockville or around your city so you can be properly guided on what and how to do hair dying on your own.